Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Never Was, Might Have Been

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Truth Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    The other day, while flipping through some pictures
    I came across one of me and you
    Big smiles, our arms around each other
    In a friend's room

    I remember how everybody saw, more than just a spark
    But some how, some way
    It fell apart
    It fell through
    And there's nothing left, between me and you

    We had it all, friends from the start
    Your smile still reflects in my heart
    Your laughter races through my veins
    Whenever I hear your name
    But, I guess, nothings as real as it seems
    When I awake during my dreams
    And it doesn't come true
    So there is no more me and you
    I can't help but think about that
    Again and again
    What never was, but might have been

    Now that there's nothing there
    And it makes me sad
    Cuz you gave me some of
    The best times I ever had
    Like being loud, making the guy at Steak N Shake mad
    Or when I didn't care
    When you messed up my hair

    I got jealous, and wondered why
    At the party, you were all over that other guy
    So I got mad, and headed home
    But you refused to let me walk alone
    I think about you, pretty much every day
    And why we had to go our seperate ways

    We had it all, friends from the start
    Your smile still reflects in my heart
    Your laughter races through my veins
    Whenever I hear your name
    But, I guess, nothings as real as it seems
    When I awake during my dreams
    And it doesn't come true
    So there is no more me and you
    I can't help but think about that
    Again and again
    What never was, but might have been


    ~The Truth~

  2. #2
    Inactive Member machinery's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2001
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    still writing songs man? well wow, I kind of gave up myself, cuz some DICK told me I couldn't sing, but hey, no worries, I got far better dreams...but hey...anyhow, I do like this.....as a song I mean...it seems that all your songs or works have a elaborate story to them, with past happenings....and that's kindacool...well hey....keep on posting man....

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am the dick in hiding of which Machinery speaks, but alas, I am what I am, for a reason I suppose. I liked this, sorry it took me so long to get around to replying to it. But it's good. I'm not a huge fan of reading songs, so the repeating chorus *I assume that's waht it was* didn't really sit well with me, but it was good otherwise, and quite saddening being my only other complaint. But hey, life isn't all smiles and good times.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it all makes sense to me.


    ------------------
    [email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •